Reporting PUA Fraud

Reporting PUA Fraud

Do You Believe Someone Filed for PUA Benefits in Your Name?

If you suspect or know that someone is using your information to file for benefits, you can report them to the Department of Labor and Industry.

You can complete and submit the Identity Theft form on DLI’s website

You can call the PA Fraud Hotline at

If you did not apply for benefits and received a US Bank ReliaCard in the mail:

Option 1:

Option 2:

I received a 1099-G for UC or PUA and I never applied for benefits. Do I need to report that form to the IRS?

No. Both the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and the U.S. Department of Labor have stated that individuals who received 1099-Gs for fraudulent claims do not need to report the income.  You should report the fraudulent claim to the Department of Labor and Industry and you will eventually receive a corrected 1099-G.


Review resources from the U.S. Department of Labor on reporting identity theft in the unemployment program.