Reporting UC Fraud

Reporting UC Fraud

Do you think someone filed for UC benefits in your name?

If you suspect or know that someone used your information to file for benefits, you can report them to the Department of Labor and Industry.

To report UC identity theft:


You can call the PA Fraud Hotline at

Did you try to file a UC claim and receive a message that there was already an account associated in your Social Security Number? 

Someone might have filed a fraudulent claim using your info.

You should follow the instructions above to report the identity theft. 

You should also email [email protected] and let them know you filed an identity theft report and need help setting up a real account in your name.

If you did not apply for benefits and received a Money Network/My Banking Direct card in the mail:

1. Do not activate the card. 

2. Email a picture of the back of the US Bank RealiaCard OR the number on the back of the card (not the front) to [email protected].

1. Return the Money Network/My Banking Direct card by mail to: 

  • Pennsylvania Treasury Department
    651 Boas Street
    Room 400 L&I Building
    Harrisburg, PA 17120

2. Include a brief signed statement with the reason you are returning the card. In the statement, you should include your name, address, last four digits of your social security number, phone number, and email address.

I received a 1099-G and I never applied for UC benefits. Do I need to report the income on that form to the IRS?

No. Both the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and the U.S. Department of Labor have stated that individuals who received PUA 1099-Gs for fraudulent claims do not need to report the income.  You should report the fraudulent claim to the Department of Labor and Industry and you will eventually receive a corrected 1099-G.


Review resources from the U.S. Department of Labor on reporting identity theft in the unemployment program.